The Painter of Song Story. A Free Gift To All Who Read!

Ebenlo - Painter of Song

Ebenlo – Painter of Song

I’ve written down my story a few times lately on other sites, but I’ll start from scratch.  I’ll do my best to keep it interesting by including pictures and perhaps music file links as we go along.

I’m originally from a small town of about 35,000 people: Rupert, Idaho.  One of my favorite things about my home town is a place called “Doc’s Pizza!” [ Click here to visit Doc’s on Facebook ]  Most people I know from Rupert who’ve moved away, always have to visit Doc’s for a pie or three when they go back to town for a visit.  My little brother recently brought a pizza from Idaho to California during the holidays and we ate it up!  Try the taco pizza, it’s incredible!

They call Rupert “Christmastown U.S.A.”  and the quaint square park in the center of the town attracts people from all over the area.  During the holiday season, it’s always filled with wonderful and colorful lights, decorations, and nativity scenes.  In the summer the Independence Day parade is held there, the summer carnival is also held nearby while roads close and food booths set up; it’s the chief gathering place for meeting old friends and new.

Christmas lights at a Rupert country home.

As a child, my earliest memory is laying down, playing under a church pew.  I could hear the sounds of the 200+ people in the church worshipping God in song.  My great uncle, “Tio Roy,” was the pastor, and my cousin Myrtha or her sisters would help to lead the singing.  I was under the pew, putting my fingers in my ears and making beats and playing with the music as I opened and closed the hearing canal.  I had a strong sense and a thought at that young age: that God and his music were absolutely amazing.

Little E eating ice cream on a trip to Lagoon, SLC, Utah.

Little E eating ice cream, Lagoon.

Here’s a picture of me as a child, my family had taken all of us kids to the Lagoon Amusement Park in Salt Lake City, Utah.  My favorite ride was the skyway seats that allowed you to transport yourself from one side of the park to the other.

I was a huge fan of Super Man and Star Wars, and was always either playing with legos,  drawing pictures, or playing with my Star Wars and G.I. Joe characters in the back yard garden that hosted a patch of dirt that served as a play area.

I became attracted to the cartoons that I saw in the Sunday newspaper, and learned to draw Garfield the cat in just about any pose I wanted to.  This was how I typically made friends back then: people would see what I had drawn, and were attracted to it because they liked the content matter too and it served as a point of conversation.  I have to say, in that regard, not much has changed!  *laughs*

Garfield’s at it again.

One year, around the age of 6 or 7 years old, I decided to make my first jack-o-lantern from the face of Garfield, the pizza loving cat.  Likely because he liked pizza just as much as I did.  I think that was a strong reason for the attraction, *more laughs*.  I was born with the “desire to make a masterpiece” syndrome, and all it entails.  Well, on the last cut of the jack-o-lantern art work, my fingers slipped on the smooth surface of the knife handle, and it cut the pinky tendon in my right hand down to the bone.  It was a horrible ordeal at the time, I had to have stitches, and I think my mom threw away the pumpkin, scared of encouraging a behavior that would hurt me so.

I felt bad to have my masterpiece thrown away, but I knew I was an artist.  I remember tearing apart my game boy, painting it blue, and customizing it with Bart Simpson graphics and reassembling it.  I had the coolest game boy in town!  *laughs*

Growing up, my family and I went to a Penecostal Assemblies of God church every Sunday, and Wednesday nights.  It had a lasting impact on my life, and remember many songs and wonderful experiences from that time.  Surprisingly, I was allowed to listen in on the sermons and sketch in my sketchpad.  I remember one time I drew a caricature of our pastor.  I’m not sure if he was pleased, but I admired him and believed it was a respectful likeness; and it sure gave me a chuckle.

In my early teens, around Christmas time with snow on the ground, I remember buying my first sketch pad at the Shopco market by the mall in Twin Falls, Idaho.  My mother had given each of the four of us children of the family $20 dollars each, and I bought myself a sketchbook and the 40 pack of Pentel markers; I sure felt happy about it and like the legitimate young investor in my future.  The rest of the kids bought candy, but I just smiled and told myself that I was going to be taking “the road less traveled,” and in my naivete: “become a famous artist one day.”  I was a determined young man.

Not long after that, I met a new best friend who was an exceptional artist named Ted.  We thought we were the greatest illustrators around because we didn’t really know of many others in our area who could draw and paint the way we could.  Boy, were we clueless to the talent that existed both inside and outside of our little “Magic Valley” world.

I was sitting in a Biology class in my sophomore year of high school, and Ted said “Hey man, what you got there?  Let me take a look at your sketch book!”  This was the beginning of our life-long friendship.  I’d only met him once before at the “East-West” junior high dance, and upon first meet, I knew we’d be great friends in time, and sure enough, that’s just what happened.


“Homies” L to R: Neal, Ebenlo, and Ted – Circa 1998

Ted and I were art geeks but quite popular kids in school, if that matters at all.  We hung out a lot with Neal, a fearless country boy who could do just about anything on a snowboard.  The first day I went snowboarding with these guys, they had me going for back-flips.  I was pretty fearless too!  I paid for it with now having a bad lower back; go easy young fellas!  Ted was pretty amazing on a snowboard as well, one of his claims to fame was back-flipping on a huge kicker buck naked.  *laughs*  That, and he’s a professional video game designer now.  We also hung out a lot with Brian and Mark, Ted’s neighbors, and their skills on snowboards were pretty legendary as well.  We hung out with pretty much all of the first people to snowboard in our area.  We were art geeks immersed in the snowboarding and video gaming culture.

Todd Richards in the half pipe.

One year, our home hill of Pomerelle, got such a huge dump of snow, people from all around the region heard that we were sitting on top of near 100 feet of fresh powder, and this drew in snowboarders from all around the region.  My friends, Neal and Ted, were both snowboarding instructors, and were the go-to guys to show the professional snowboarders around when they showed up.  I got to tag along but ended up hanging out with Todd Richards, the future snowboarding half-pipe champ of the world.

I watched Todd take a jump on a smallish jump, but he turned it into a beautiful double back-flip and landed it perfectly.  I told myself, “I wouldn’t have tried a SINGLE back-flip off that jump, let alone a DOUBLE!  There’s a reason these guys are the pros!”  Even the famous photographer, Trevor Graves, from TransWorld Snowboarding magazine was there to take a picture of me going for a backflip and landing flat on my back.  I shook it off and we all laughed like boarders do, and it was a pretty great time.

Now, I didn’t grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth: as a boy I mowed lawns, delivered newspapers, and later worked in fast-food places like most young people now adays, however, my friends and I were privileged to take the ski bus every winter during junior high and high school (thanks in large part to my mother’s commitment to her children’s education and well being:  THANK YOU MOM!!!)  We’d go night skiing.  We’d get 8, 15, or 20+ friends all in a pack pulling stunts and watching each others jumps.  It was an incredible time for each of us who got to be there!

One time, I pulled an incredibly high, 15 or 20 feet vertical Japan-Air that I’d seen Jeff Brushie do in a snowboarding magazine.  I cranked it hard and tweaked the tail out for as long as I could hold it, and let go wondering if the base of my board would land on the snow in time to pull it off smoothly.  I touched down safely on the tarmack and my friend Ted congratulated me with high fives and my brother hooted and snowboarded down the hill and hug-tackled me, they thought it was really something!  We were all yelling and laughing, and carrying on about the trick.  That was one of my best stunts ever!

I used to take big poster boards over to Teds, and our Friday nights might be spent filling up the entire page with various sketches, creatures, characters, and concept art.  We were portrait and caricature virtuosos and sometimes drew friends when we went out to restaurants at night.  I still often leave a napkin sketch on the table when I go out.

Around that time in high school, I became very interested in playing the guitar and singing.  I’d worked at McDonald’s and later Burger King in high school, so I could afford a car.  My mother came home one day and gave me a light blue ’78 Buick Regal along with the monthly payment, so I welcomed it and took it over, just glad to have some wheels to get around in.

My ’78 Buick Regal looked exactly like this one.

I remember that I eventually broke the stereo player in my car.  Actually all it could do was play the radio at one point in time, but again, I ended up breaking it, and just decided to leave it broke.  Instead, I chose that I would simply sing music that I knew in the car wherever I would go.   It was like taking constant singing courses, as I would refine my technique everywhere I went.

Around my sophmore year in high school I began to become interested in playing songs on the guitar.  My dad had a guitar with a lot of old poetry and things he’d written down to sing, back when he was in his late teens and early twenties; but he really didn’t play it much anymore, he was more of a trumpet player (he continues to play trumpet in church to this day), and really didn’t mind me and my older brother using his 6-string.

The guitar was a jumbo acoustic made by Kawasaki I believe.  It may not have been the finest of it’s time, but it sure was fine to my brother and I!  Not knowing any better, my brother Isaac and I learned to finger-pick immediately, regardless of the difficulty, we struggled on to get our fingers to learn the proper string and fret locations in order to play our favorite songs.  Finger picking was one of our favorite things to listen to at the time.  The first thing I learned to play was the finger picked intro to White Lion’s “When The Children Cry” song:

The Unforgettable Fire by U2

Then it happened.  I checked out “The Unforgettable Fire” by U2 from a class that hosted this feature I’d been attending in high school, and it was musically life-altering.  I heard sounds on that album that I never knew before were possible.  They were painting musical landscapes of places I’d never seen before and I loved it!

This began a life-long obsession with making vocal music and painting pictures with sound, as well as graphically of course!  I would eventually make paintings while listening to my favorite sounds, an effort to inject love into the process and at least hopefully influencing the outcome of the overall image.

I eventually learned all the songs on U2’s Auchtung Baby album and would sing the whole album back to back while riding around in my car.

I became involved with a church singing group called “Son Zone,” hosted by the high school’s christian class, a group in which I would share in a solo from time to time.  I also eventually helped form a high school band called “Core,” with some of my musician buddies.  We’d mostly just get together and rehearse music all the time, but played a few parties here and there.  One of our biggest hits was a song about snowboarding called “Ride”; a song in which the chorus exclaimed “I’ll ride, ride, ride ’til they drag me home.”

I’d been involved in student government since I was an 8th grader.  That’s when I beat out who I considered to be the coolest kids in school for the 9th grade class presidency.  There was Heath, my classes’ first string football quarterback, Brad, arguably our best running back, and Amber, pretty much the most popular girl in school.  They had all teamed up and were running together as a unit.  It was a bit intimidating, I have to say.  But I decided to give it my all, and I believe I shined when I gave my speech.  I was heckled by someone after my speech, and managed to maintain my composure under the pressure.  I was told that I won by a landslide and that people were expecting to see great things from me in the future.

I later became the junior class president of my high school and also was awarded a delegation to attend the American Legion Gem Boys State.  The same group that a lot of presidents, senators, and house representatives go to in order to learn the ropes of what it takes to be in the government.  We would spend a few days doing bill-writing, then we’d run for offices, and become elected officials and take over the Capitol Building for two or three days.  My first year, I was a delegate, the next year I was a junior counselor, the next, I was a senior counselor, and finally I became the judicial dean of the program.  It was an honor to be a part of that program for so many years.

Boise, the state capitol building. Boise, Idaho

There in Boise, I happened to meet Jim Dalton, a future fellow Phi Delt, though I don’t think either of us knew that at the time, who had been the governor of our delegation’s collective group.  I enjoyed that time of learning and meeting people.  Spending a week in Boise in the summers away from moving water hand-lines in pastures was fine by me!

So I’d been involved in student government for quite a few years, but during my senior year of high school, I decided that my path was definitely different than that of governmental political leadership.  The student government classes stood in direct conflict with some studio art classes with my teacher Karen Hansen.  I threw myself into art my final year of high school, and some 12 of 15 classes that year were all art.  Mrs. “H” was the first person to relay the concept of serendipity in art to me, and she taught me more of Van Gogh and the way he enjoyed japanese art and prints the way I did, and he has become one of my favorite artists since.  I was such a frequenter of the art building and the art computer lab, working on logos and such after hours, I was honored to even receive a key to the building.  I greatly enjoyed my senior year at Minico with Mrs. Hansen and all my fellow students there.

I earned a few scholarships (Again, Thank you Rotary Club of Rupert, Idaho, and Thanks Again Image de Idaho, as well as Thank You To The Boise State University Art Program for recognizing talent) and was privileged to go to the University of Idaho, in Moscow, Idaho to both study art and to get away from the Southern Idaho area I was kind of tired of at the time.  I was just so ready to see some other slices of life!  I greatly enjoyed going to the university and taking classes such as art history, composition, sculpture, silkscreen printing, taking vocal lessons, and the like.  I also liked being a pledge and eventually became a member of the Phi Delta Theta Fraternity.  My pledge bros and I and the members there had a lot of great times together.  I made a lot of life-long friends there.  While I was there, I especially enjoyed being the lead singer of the house band, drawing and painting, and playing frisbee golf.  There was a frisbee golf course that went all the way around the campus!  A very fun activity.

Frisbee Golf

I’d been working on a professional art portfolio since my high school years.  I had bought myself an air brush, and used it from time to time in illustrations and such.  I made a huge 24″ x 24″ book that I’d stiched together and completed the book binding on.  It had a furry dark brown cloth around the binding that I’d bought to look like buffalo fur, and a light tan cloth covered the rest of the book.  I used to flirt with girls by asking if they wanted to come and “check out my portfolio.”  The rest of the guys thought I had it made with the ladies because of the attraction to artists, but I was still quite shy; and had no idea how to progress past a female saying “Oh, well that’s a nice drawing!”  *laughs*

I was restless at the University.  In my naivete, I thought that my talent was being wasted there, and believed I would go farther if I could get accepted into an art school such as the Art Center School of Design in Pasadena, California.  I eventually went on to apply to the school two times and was accepted on both occasions, but could not find a funding solution that would make the equation work out.  I was frustrated and felt like I needed to find a way to break through a ceiling that I felt was being placed on my potential.

"Audrey" is in the Minico High School Auditorium, Rupert, Idaho (Photo by Kallie Walton)

“Audrey” by Ebenlo (completed in 1995) is in the Minico High School Auditorium, Rupert, Idaho (Photo by Kallie Walton)

When I returned to the Rupert area for the summer I immediately recieved an invitation to paint an Audrey Hepburn which was to help decorate the newly remodeled auditorium at the high school.  I gladly accepted the challenge and was honored to make a contribution.  Here is a photo of the work, which is approximately 4′ by 6′ in size.

I spent the next half a year working for a metal fabrication company, Wasco Hardfacing, saving for school.  I attended the College of Southern Idaho in Twin Falls for a semester as an art student, and enjoyed classes in ceramics, photography, and choir, though I just wasn’t very happy at that time.  I suppose I felt a bit restless and a little out of place.

I returned to the University of Idaho and enjoyed more art classes and took vocal lessons, continuing with my art and music interests.  The trouble with my studies was that I didn’t envision myself ever using a degree to teach art or work at a design company, though, I’ll admit there were times I had wanted that, I was not actually attracting that into my existence.  I knew I wanted more out of my life, I just couldn’t put a finger yet on exactly what, or how to get there.  I only knew that I wanted to make something “impossible” happen, though I didn’t know what it would be.

I had left school a bit disillusioned and spent the rest of the summer fly fishing, sketching and drawing, and housekeeping in West Yellowstone, Montana.  There is some very pretty country up there in them hills.  I loved being out there.  However, I did not catch and release a few smaller sized fish I caught, a major local faux pas.  I think my mind was caught up in the act of hunter/gathering that day.  I left them in my friend’s mom’s freezer; they are likely still there!  Don’t be that guy!!  *laughs*

After that summer, I was driving back to my family’s home in Rupert, and I felt the urge to pull over to a church and ask the Pastor if there was an oil painter anywhere nearby.  I wanted to find someone who could use a young artist’s help.  Sure enough, there was a painter that the pastor knew and sent me to.  His name is Robert C. Moore, who happened to graduate with honors from the Art Center School of Design in Pasadena!  I was very blessed to find Robert, he is a very kind man, and I loved painting with him for roughly 6 months.  Here is a picture of Robert:

Robert C. Moore, American Impressionist

Robert of is a fabulous and prolific Impressionistic painter whose favorite subject matter is aspen trees in the forest.  He has a four wheeler with a painting rig on the back.  The surprising thing about Robert is that he is color blind, so you often find interesting colors on the canvas that nobody else would have thought would work there, but for some reason for Robert, it just works! He’s also the only artist I’ve ever encountered who can paint ambidextriously (with both of his hands at the same time)!  His paintings are found in homes all across America and most notably, even Arnold Schwarzennegar has a painting or two in his home(s).

Robert taught me the ropes of the painting business.  I used to pack and ship his paintings to galleries all around the U.S.  I would also do as many “block-ins” for him (as we called them) as I could.  I would help to create the basic paintings from Robert’s chosen images, and block-in the basic colors of what would be in the scene, and then Robert would come over the top and do all of the fancy oil paint and impasto work.  I loved working with Robert, I had the time of my life painting with him!  I liked to paint well into the night back then, and I used to just put down a sleeping bag in the upstairst of the studio house to sleep after I was done painting.

Late in the winter season, Robert began to worry that he might not be able to afford me to stay on, so I made a drastic move to improve my situation.  I decided to enter the U.S. Air Force and gain more discipline in the process.  In addition, I thought I’d gain the money to possibly attend a professional art school.

Ebenlo, as a basic trainee of the USAF, in San Antonio, Texas.

Basic training was tough.  We weren’t allowed many personal items, I remember having a notebook, but for whatever reason, I don’t remember sketching anything during that time.  I was more focused on the task at hand, success in basic training came with a certain amount of adapting to a robot mentality of adhering to the set social structure and learning to not fear in the face of chaos.  Artistic freedom was the last thing on my mind at that time.  Free time was spent practicing sit ups.  I remember I would sneak into the bathroom at night and do sit ups, and because of an injury, I had some catching up to do in that department.

I was made a “flight leader” (the leader of a row of men in bunk beds) and one night, a group of guys who wanted to get kicked out of the military pooled together some money and gave it to one of the guys to go downstairs and get some candy from a candy machine, all of which was strictly forbidden.  I remember getting racked out of bed around midnight along with three the other flight leaders to go answer for what had occurred.  We stood at attention for three hours straight and got yelled at again and again.  We were fired from our positions as flight leaders for allowing the incident to happen.

The next day, our training instructor told us that we could have our jobs back, and all but one declined.  I decided that being punished for the deeds of others in such a circumstance was for the birds.

I enjoyed technical school though, even as challenging as it was.  Riding the bus over to Biloxi, Mississippi was exciting.  I was a Mad Duck though the unit name slips my memory at the moment.  We were a group filled with potential Computer Operators such as myself, and Air Traffic Controllers in training.

While I was in Mississippi, I bought myself a black acoustic guitar made by a company named Montana.  The string action was terribly high and it hurt my fingers to play, but I was determined to keep learning chords and used to really enjoy playing in the stairwells of the military barracks.  I’d play all the songs I knew and then go back to my dorm room to study computer technology and information systems.

After tech school, I was off to Mountain Home Air Force Base.  There I purchased a computer and began learning how to create digital art, learned html, and eventually became one of the bases web masters.  I also went in with my dad “halfers” on a Takamine 12-String guitar for Christmas one year, determined to keep learning to songwrite and perform music.  [Thank you Dad!]


Here I am with friends on Biloxi beach at night. 1998.

I eventually began to record music on my computer and started learning to engineer sound using a program called Cubase.  I recorded an album I called “Dream Landscapes.”  It was an easy listening album that was something peaceful to work on after a long day at a stressful calling center help-desk office; I worked as a computer operator and messaging technician in the bases Network Control Center.  A friend of mine, Chris, bought a copy of “Dream Landscapes” and he loved it!  Eventually an ex girlfriend of his stole the album from him upon their breakup.  I thought it was a hilarious compliment and made sure to get him a new copy.  You can listen to track samples of the album and purchase either tracks or the whole album by visiting  [My apologies: Technical Difficulties, CD and track downloads currently not available.]

It was during this time in which I wrote the song “Good Night”.  I had fallen in love with an Air Traffic Controller, and wrote this song in my head one night while driving home to Mountain Home Air Force Base (MHAFB) from visiting my sister in Boise for the weekend:

Unfortunately, “Dream Landscapes” was recorded primarily in my military dorm room in MHAFB and I didn’t allow myself to open up my full vocal range during the recording of the album because I simply didn’t want to disturb my dorm nieghbors.  But for what it is, I think it’s an interesting album filled with finger-picking and is the kind of music that goes great with a soothing bath or near bedtime.

I continued honing my Photoshop skills throughout my time in the military.  I got stationed for my last year of service in a place called

I created this digital image with Photoshop, it was one of my first major computer works, completed circa 2000, while stationed at MHAFB, Idaho.

Kunsan (aka Gunsan), South Korea, and though I was far away, I still received excellent art training, and continued learning the art of songmaking.  Each illustration was critiqued by my friend Ted who was now a student at the Art Center of Pasadena.  He eventually let me know that my art was just as good, if not better than any student who was graduating the Art Center, and that mostly what people went there for was to make excellent connections in the art industry.  I felt good about that, and decided I no longer needed to attend an art school to go where I was wanting to go.

Sitting in one of my military barracks stairwells in Kunsan Air Base, Kunsan, Republic of Korea, I wrote the song “Kiss The Ground Kind Of Day” around two or three weeks before I returned to the U.S.:

After four years in the Air Force, I was given the decision of accepting a tax free $30,000 bonus to sign on for another six years, and a promised two year tour to Aviona, Italy.  It was my “devil’s at the cross roads, and he wants you to sign on the dotted line” sort of moment.  Would I damage my soul in the line of work I was in (that I wasn’t particularly fond of doing full-time), take the money and enjoy myself to the fullest in Italy, or go back home to help out with a bad situation, and learn to become the artist I’d always wanted to be.  I chose the latter; and believe it was the road less travelled.

After working for two years at Mac’s Springs in Highland, California, , I chose to attend school at Crafton Hills College, Yucaipa, CA, as a business administration major.  The MGI Bill wouldn’t allow me to study art, so I had to make do.  During that time, I had the distinct privilege of winning a music major’s scholarship though I was a biz-admin major; The Raymond F. Ellerman Music Scholarship [Again, Thank You To The Ellerman Family, and the scholarship board,] I was very happy about that!

After that, I spent some time learning to sell by selling cars for a while in Indio at the I-10 Toyota/Mazda dealership, and eventually started taking classes again in Palm Desert, near Palm Springs at the College of the Desert, this time in Economics (again forced to study within the MGI-Bill’s parameters) with a focus in accounting; I wanted to learn about what was going on in the world of economics and how it effects the common man, and as well, to learn to run my art business.  I was determined to become a successful artist, and not another “starving artist.”

During my time at school, I created a t-shirt company called SupaTeez, found at  Over the years, I had grown tired of always saying in conversations with friends:  “We should turn that into a t-shirt,” so I began collecting t-shirt ideas and finally designed a lot of them!  I haven’t sold many thus far.  I haven’t yet advertised really, but prefer to rely on word of mouth. I enjoy designing shirts when I’m inspired to, however, my main business focus is in making fine art.

I worked for a while at the Spotlight 29 Casino as an I.T. Technician, but it didn’t work out.  After my employment there was complete, I soon had to move from the apartment I was keeping in Palm Desert, CA.

While packing my things from my apartment, I noticed, once again, that I had a huge portfolio filled with hundreds of drawings of characters and all of my friends, and I wondered why I hadn’t just shared and given the drawings away to them?  I had some sort of breakdown.  I felt so completely and utterly selfish and disgusted with myself!  Moreover, I felt as if my fine art career would go nowhere if I displayed these images though I was fond of them.  I loved the people in the drawings, but absolutely not the fact that I still had them in my possession.  I felt like I should have given them to each person.

The portfolio felt like a selfish blob of goo in my hands, and I came to believe that the publication of the drawings and illustrations inside the portfolio were not going to be help me as an artist.  This was my version of a “Van Gogh slices his ear off” moment, when I took this enormous 2.5′ x 2.5′ book of a portfolio, and heaved it into the dumpster in the back of my Palm Desert Country Club apartment.  It was both one of the darkest and yet one of the most liberating moments of my life.

I eventually decided that what I really wanted was to condense my art and find my most desired niche as a fine artist, I felt like I needed new parameters for creating my favorite styles of work instead of just stabbing in the dark for any and all images, and I’d known it for a long time, it just took a good while for me to figure out just exactly what I really wanted to paint, I decided to revisit my favorite subjects of my youth and I realized that my favorite things to paint were either musical artists or things of a musical nature.

I thought long and hard about it, and eventually landed upon the “Painter of Song” concept as a descriptor of who I actually was in my heart.  I checked if the domain was available, and sure enough, it was!  I was stunned that it hadn’t been taken yet, and knew that I was looking at a vehicle for my future that would take me exactly where I wanted to go.

I also decided to condense my name into one easily memorable name that would serve thereon as my unique artistic identity, and became Ebenlo to all who enjoy my art.  I would later learn that this “one artistic name for art masters” concept is a somewhat common practice in the Asian culture.

Here is the first Ebenlo graphic that I made around 2010, though my logo has distinctly changed since this time:

Ebenlo – Painter of Song – /

By 2011, I’d had enough of school, and was ready to become a full time artist.  I decided to make several marble-paneled birch canvasses, suitable for egg tempera work, that I took with me to Venice Beach and began drawing.  I lived and camped out in my car for two months, just to explore and learn what was going on in the Los Angeles area; the only place I knew there was a fine art market nearby worth learning about.

I had a fabulous time, despite the ruggedness of camping and danger in L.A.  I did a lot of drawing at the beach, but primarily at the Libraries: the Santa Monica Public Library, the Venice Library, and the Marina Del Rey Library, because I enjoy creating my paintings and illustrations by doing a lot of research on the people I’m about to paint.  I also input as much comedy as I can into the works that call for it.

“Finessing Lucille” BB King, “Dusky Resolution” Bob Dylan, & “Sonic Exploration” Jimi Hendrix by Ebenlo

After living on the beach I returned home to the finest hot shower I’d ever felt in my whole life!  I never want to camp out in my car ever again.  However, now that I’m safe and sound at home, I must admit it was quite an adventure!  I valued experiencing every slice of life I could, meeting so many people, and hearing all the stories I was told. I also got to know the area pretty well with all the walking around I did.  Venice Beach is one of the most interesting and artistic places on the planet.  While I was there I completed about 20 drawings in preparation for fine painting.

Now here I am, some while later, after having completed the paintings on those panels, continuing to live the art life.  I do some form of art or another every day, sometimes producing music in my spare time or in support of my endeavors, ready to share my work with people such as yourself.

I have prints and originals available online at as you may already know.  I also share and sell my music to friends and fans at: [download currently disabled] in addition to licensing my music to music supervisors for movies and television via my agents at the website; just click on the “NEED MUSIC?” button, get inside, and look me up!

Thank you for reading!  I hope you enjoy my work, as well as your new song mp3!  (see below signature)



[03Jan2013 Addendum:  I have decided since this was first posted, that my life’s goal is not one of being a musical entertainer, and in terms of business profession: am focusing on fine art and fashion design (which typically features my art: ).  Though, being a sometimes vocalist/musician and an ASCAP member, will remain a non-performing songwriter to some degree for the rest of my life.]

Free MP3, “Kiss The Ground Kind Of Day” by Ebenlo:

p.s.  If you’re one of my amazing friends and your name was not included in this condensed bio, I apologize!


Who else wants to join the Luxury Tastemaking Email Club?!

This is THE HOTTEST NEW FINE ART & LUXURY TASTEMAKING CLUB TO BE A PART OF! Be first to hear about new Painter of Song art, haute couture fashions, and likes!


Originals and Art Licensing, voice mail:   (fyi: is case sensitive)

Guest mail welcomed at:  ebenlo[at]


My Story (Here):

Original Paintings, Ltd. Ed., Framed Prints & Cards Site:

iReco8o Tastemaking:

Main Twitter:



Discussion Group:

Articles On Music:
Would you like to get paid by the click to write articles also? Opportunity At

Albums Available at:
MP3s Available at:

Full-Length Tracks, Studio Movie & TV Licensing Sales & Distribution: Click “Need Music?” and search for Ebenlo at:

Licensing Ebenlo’s music for your small business and personal youtube videos (search:  Ebenlo ):

Ebenlo Signature

n0uVe4u Pop Artist – Fashion Designer – Tastemaker – CEO Tastemaking

Voice Mail:

Guest/Fan Email: Ebenlo[ a t ]



Fine Art Blog:

About these ads
2 Responses to “The Painter of Song Story. A Free Gift To All Who Read!”
  1. Heda Rose says:

    Your work is amazing Ebenlo! Heda

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 896 other followers

%d bloggers like this: